Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam

When finding this title on the Kobo site I got intrigued. This is for someone like me who can hardly do anything before breakfast... even when breakfast comes at 10 a.m.! However, just having gone into early retirement and finding that on the contrary to what I believed, my days have become shorter and I am achieving less then when I was working, I thought this was a good hint.

And so it is. It turns out that a lot of the most successful people in the world (at least on the American continent) go up at 5-6 a.m., go for a jogging run, reading the papers, spending time with their family and in this way manage to spend some valuable time by themselves and with their family before heading for a stressful work.


It sounds really good and I got a little bit inspired.  I do realise that the reason I don't get anything done is because I start the day too late and I spend around 1,5 hours breakfasting, reading the papers and e-mails etc. By the time I have dressed it is already mid-day and half the day is gone. I must admit though that I will not be able to go running at 6 a.m. My body is screaming on such exercises at this time of the day.  I do go up at 7 a.m. to prepare breakfast for my husband and son, but what happens then? Yes, your are right, I go back to bed an sleep another hour!

Well, this book has inspired me to not go back to bed but do some useful time in the morning. Since I was never a jogger this is really hard for me. However, I have started on a 10 week scheme to come into shape where you jog 1 minute and run 1 minute and increasing to 2 and 3 and the last week 10 minutes jogging! Hmm, we will have to see. Just today I am doing the 3rd round of the 1st week!


Laura Vanderkam is a time management consultant and has written several books or articles (this 'book' is only around 35 pages long) and maybe I should try her '168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think'. Time management is a very important issue these days when time is a rare commodity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster