Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Enjoying a winter week in Madonna di Campiglio, Italy

For the first time in years I am enjoying a real winter. We were lucky enough that the snow came just the day before we came. We had a lovely drive from Bergamot via lake Garda to MdC. Here some photos along the way.






MdC met us with a beautiful winter landscape, just like on the postcards. We have been very well treated here in Hotel St. Raphael with fantastic food and wonderful personal. Close to everything; skiing, walking, shopping etc. The weather has been mostly sunny, but we had two days of light snowing.




The village still have the Christmas decorations, which gives it a lovely atmosphere.


MdC also offers a little bit of history. Here the Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph built a Hunting Lodge, which today is a hotel, Relais des Alps. Inside you still see the beautiful Art Deco/Empire style and the wall painting in what today is a kind of theatre, but earlier was the ballroom. The wall painting was made by Gottfried Hofer.



A grand ball in the Emperor's time
Maybe someone wore a dress like this? I know that I would like to!


And a last panoramic view!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster