Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Classic Spin # 14

There has been another Classic Spin from The Classic Club. Lately, I have not had time to read any of the spins, although I am eager to reduce my classical list, which is also a TBR list. This time the spin ended on number 1. Here is my list:



1. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
2. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
3. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
4. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
5. Light in August by William Faulkner
6. Karin Lavransdotter by Sigrid Undset
7. Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
8. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
9. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
10. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
11. Richard III by William Shakespeare
12. Travels With My Aunt by Graham Green
13. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
14. The Overcoat and Other Stories by Nikolaj Gogol
15. Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh (for 1 August)(not finished)
16. Sweet Bird of Youth by Tennessee Williams
17. The Taming of a Screw by William Shakespeare
18. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
19. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
20. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man I did not manage to finish, but the aim is there. One day! Vile Bodies I tried to read but gave up. I think that the two books I have read from the list I read outside the spin. One book I did read is La Nausée by Jean-Paul Sartre (deleted from the list after reading).

As you see, number 1 is a classic that I am eager to read, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. That will be my aim for 1 December. I will read another Austen book, Northanger Abbey, for my Brontë Reading group, set for December 6. So, a couple of Austen books in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster