Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

6 Degrees of Separation



March is upon us and there is another book chain to consider.  Host, Books Are My Favourite And Best, starts with Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby. I am not familiar with the book, but it is about football in general and the author's relationship with Arsenal Football Club in particular. It is Hornby's first book, published in 1992, and is said to be an autobiographical essay.



The first word coming into mind is of course 'sport'. I don't really like reading about sports, and don't know about any books about sports either. However, I did read I am Zlatan by David Lagercrantz, which is a biography about one of our greatest football players ever, Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

That takes me to 'David Lagercrantz' who wrote the sequel to the Millenium book by Stieg Larsson. It is called The Girl in the Spider's Web. I have not read it, and am not sure I will, although I read the first three ones.

The word girl, or girls, takes me to Lee Smith's The Last Girls, which I finished recently. A group of girls went on a raft down the Mississippi, in the foot steps of Huckleberry Finn, during their college years. Thirty five years later, four of them meet up again, to take a boat down the river, in honouring their friend who died. A really good story, where nothing is as it seems to be. Review will follow.


The word to go from here will be 'voyage', and I settle for Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs. Our favourite forensic anthropologist, Temperance Brennan  is in action again. Don't we just love her?

'Forensic' takes us to any murder mystery, and I settle for one book on my shelves, not yet read. That is Playing With Fire by Peter Robinson. I have read one book by him and liked it.

'Fire' takes me to Sweden and the second part of a fantasy trilogy by Mats Strandberg and Sara Bergmark, Eld or Fire. I have read the first one, The Circle which is very good. Looking forward to his one.


There I went very quickly from football, to girls, to fire and a few travels in between.

Comments

  1. I like the way you've picked out a key word and used that as a prompt for the next link - I shall have a go at that with the next chain I think . I spend ages trying to find a connection so this might help me speed up! Here's what I ended up with - like you I'm not keen on sport https://bookertalk.com/2017/03/04/football/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thank you. It was more tricky this time, maybe because I did not know about the book. I do like sports, I just don't like to read about them. A little bit like music, love it, but do not have to read about it.
    I like your chain as well and think it is really good.
    Thank you for posting and now I will enter you into my feedly feed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster