Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Classic Spin #15

Time for Classic Spin #15 with the Classic Club. What is the spin? Here is what they say over at the Club.

"It's easy. At your blog, before next Friday, March 10th, create a post to list your choice of any twenty books that remain "to be read" on your Classics Club list.

This is your Spin List. You have to read one of these twenty books in March & April. (Details follow.) Try to challenge yourself. For example, you could list five Classics Club books you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favourite author, re-reads, ancients — whatever you choose.)

On Friday, we'll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List, by May 1, 2017. We'll check in here in May to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!

Here is my spin list, but it is also available under Challenges 2017.

  1. Portrait of a Lady by Henry James
  2. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
  3. Goodby to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood
  4. Karin Lavransdotter by Sigrid Undset
  5. Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann
  6. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
  7. Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence
  8. A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
  9. Richard III by William Shakespeare
10. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
11. The Overcoat and Other Stories by Nikolaj Gogol
12. Sweet Bird of Youth by Tennessee Williams
13. The Taming of a Screw by William Shakespeare
14. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
15. Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
16. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
17. Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
18. The Divine Comedy by Dante
19. The Go-Between by J.P. Hartley
20. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder

Are there some I am dreading? Yes! For example; The Mill on the Floss and possibly The Divine Comedy. The plays; yes, I find it difficult to read plays. Much nicer to see the actual play in the theatre. Otherwise most of them are classics that I look forward reading.

Comments

  1. Wow! This is an ambitious challenge and one I don't think I can carve the time for right now but it looks like a good one -- especially when I see a number of books on this list I haven't read. I'll have to think about that one but wish you well!

    And a quick thank you for that wonderful comment on my Gypsy post about our baby and grandparenting being the dessert of life. I love that. I'll hold that expression close to my heart and remember it many times over the course of years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is great. Unfortunately, I have only been able to finalise three books during the time I have been participating. But, at least it is three books.

      Delete
  2. I love Tennessee Williams but, like you, I find it much easier to see a play than to read one. The Go-Between is one of my all-time favourites so I kinda hope you get that one. Whatever one you get, I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the Go-Between because somebody said it was one of the best books she had read. Looking forward reading it.

      Delete
  3. We share the Isherwood at no.3. A lot of your books are on my cc list take 2 either as new-to-me or rereads.

    Happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. Would be nice to read at the same time. Let's see what number will come up.

      Delete
  4. An interesting list--I'd say it's a good thing you didn't get The Divine Comedy--that took me three months to read! I agree, it's easier to watch plays than read them, though when I can I will do both. I'm not familiar with the Williams title the Spin selected, but hopefully it's one you will enjoy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I will enjoy it. I have only seen his dramas before, not read them.
      Yes, the Divine Comedy. I really want to read it, but it is not a book you just read from page to page, I guess. You have to stop and reflect on what he is saying, so I guess it will take a longer time to read! Did you enjoy it though?

      Delete
    2. I did! I was really glad I had a version with notes, though, as there were many references I wouldn't have understood otherwise.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster