Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Mount TBR Reading Challenge 2017 - checkpoint #1

Bev at My Reader's Block is hosting the Mount My TBR challenge. She has called for the first check point and here is mine. As of 31 March I have read 15 books from my TBR pile and that has taken me to the top of Pike's Peak (4.302 m or 14,155 ft or 12 books) and 1.202 m or 3,943 ft or 3 books) up the Mont Blanc. I am steady on my way. 9 more books to reach the peak on 4.808 m (15,774 ft). I hope to read at least 100 books this year, but all of them will not be from my TBR pile, so the end of the year will tell which mountain I will climb.

Here are a few things Bev asks us to consider.






Favourite cover so far 

My favourite cover is from the Swedish translation of "The Last Girls" by Lee Smith. It is a wonderful cover and it was really the title in Swedish that made me buy the book. It is called "Mississippi Starts in the Lobby at the Peabody Hotel". I really loved this book and a review will follow.




Who has been your favourite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.

Mrs Jordan in "Mrs Jordan's Profession" by Claire Tomalin. She was a famous actress in the end of the 18th century and mistress to Prince William, future king William IV. She seems to have been quite a fantastic woman, living a rather independent life for a woman in those days. A fascinating character.

Have any of the books you read surprised you - if so, in what way?

Here I choose "The Go-Between" by L.P. Hartley. Not only has it one of the most famous book beginnings, but it is a fantastic read. I was recommended the book by a friend, who said it was one of the best books she ever read. That always scares me a bit, but I can only agree with her. A wonderful set of characters who intertwine in a way that has unexpected consequences. The ending was just great.

Title Scrabble: see if you can spell a word using the first letter of the first word in the title of some/all of the books you have read so far. Feel free to consider A, An or The as the first word or not as it helps you with your word hunt.

DAMSEL

Dr Luther & Mr Hyde
All Roads Lead to Austen
Mrs Jordan's Profession
Sweet Bird of Youth
Effie
(The) Last Girls

Thank you Bev for hosting this interesting and demanding challenge. It keeps us going and fighting for one mountain higher than the other. Enjoyable it is!

Comments

  1. Thanks for checking in! Most of the climbers have been able to make interesting words. Damsel is a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster