Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Advent Calendar, box no 17 - The Brontës again!

Just another week until Christmas. The shops are full of people buying their Christmas presents. Today is my son's birthday and we remember this day 21 years ago. It was snowy and very cold. This year it is rather cold but no snow.



Recently my friend Helen MacEwan the founder of the Brussels Brontë Group had a book launch for her fourth book about the Brontës. It is called Through Belgian Eyes, Charlotte Brontë's Troubled Brussels Legacy. We are all aware of Charlotte's view on Belgium and Brussels, but here we get to know what others thought about her, and specifically about her two books based on her Brussels experience; The Professor and Villette.


Very interesting indeed and Helen has done thorough research and the book is illustrated with 60 pictures, which also depicts life in Brussels.

On 9 December there was the annual Brontë group lunch, with a small theatre play and a quiz on Brontë characters. Very enjoyable as usual and great fun to meet people with the same interest. You are never out of a subject.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster