Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Advent Calendar box no. 3 - First of Advent

How time flies. Today is the first of Advent, the time in the Christian faith when we are waiting for the birth of Jesus. A lot of traditions has grown up around this time, one is the advent calendar and another is the advent candle stick with four candles, one for each Sunday in Advent.

It is also a time for preparations for Christmas. Those of you who celebrate St Nicholas day on 6 December, are busy with preparations I can imagine. Here in Belgium it is a big celebration, as in my husbands native Austria. I remember, years ago when our son was a child, and our neighbours invited us to celebrate with them. Our  son made big eyes when he saw St Nicholas.

It is the perfect time to check out what you have read during the year and where you are with your challenges. One is so eager and enthusiastic in the beginning of the year and when there are fewer and fewer days to read, a little bit of stress creeps up. That is ok and it is enjoyable to exchange status with fellow bloggers and  challengers.

I don't have a real advent candle holder, so just use
these three candles all the way

As usual I am reading several books at the time. My very first aim for next year is to finalise them. Here are some of them.

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Axel Oxenstierna, book 1 by Gunnar Wetterberg
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
Story Genius by Lisa Cron
Freud by Peter Gay (a huge book)
The Crimson Petal and the White by Michael Faber (another huge one with 876 pages!)

Do you stick to a book at the time or are you mixing the reading, depending on your mood?

I wish you all a nice First of Advent.

Comments

  1. I know you've had a busier reading year than I but I've been thinking about getting the end of oyear book post together. Your photos are lovely! December 6 is St. Nicholas day? I didn't know -- I love blogging! You always learn something new!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster