Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

The most beautiful book stores in the world?

A couple of years ago the Guardian had a request to readers to propose what could be the most beautiful book shop in the world. They were inspired by Flavorwire who made a list of the 20 most beautiful book stores in the world (click link to see list).  Of this list my favourite seven would be:

Selexyz Bookstore, Maastricht, Holland
Livraria Lello, Porto, Portugal
Cook & Book, Brussels, Belgium
Librería El Ateneo Grand Splendid, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cafebreria El Pendulo, Mexico City, Mexico
Shakespeare & Company, Paris, France
Bart’s Books, Ojai, California

I love coming in to these kind of book stores. Unfortunately, they are not that common anymore. The idea that you have a café or restaurant in the book store where you can borrow a book and read or look in while you are drinking your coffee, maybe find a fellow soulmate who loves books and have a nice talk. Of the book stores above I have only been to Cook & Book in Brussels and it is really lovely. Each room has a different theme and you are surrounding by books. I add here some of my own photos from my visit there (not the best of photos but still...).
Cook & Book 




Another book store which I love might not be called beautiful but intriguing! It is situated in the old city of Palma in Mallorca, Spain. It is run by an Englishman and you have a notion of Carlos Ruiz Zafon's 'Cemetery of Forgotten Books'! 3-4 stories, going downwards... It is like a labyrinth and sometimes you feel that you might not find you way out around all the book cases which are placed absolutely everywhere and makes a big room into... right, a labyrinth! It has to be seen.






I also love those small cafés which you enter by chance and then there are 10 books or even less placed on a shelf or in a corner. It immediately gives me a wonderful feeling. Do you have any favourite book stores? Libraries? Anything where books are stored. Please let me know either here or on my facebook page (yes, I have finally managed it!) It is also called The Content Reader. Enjoy the following picture and wise words.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster