Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Paris in July - Recent French activities

I am travelling and have not had time to concentrate on my favourite challenge, Paris in July, hosted by Thyme for Tea. However, having not read anything French, and I promised to read French books this year, it is still to come.


However, France has been showing itself from a good side as regards sports recently. I went to Halle in mid-June with my son, to watch the tennis tournament there. It was really great, and we saw a lot of good tennis players. One, new to me, was Lucas Pouille. He lost in his first game in Halle to excellent player Key Nishikori. However, in this year's Wimbledon he made a really good run and went all the way to the quarter finals where he lost to Tomas Berdych from Czech Republic. Also other French players like Tsonga, Mahut, Benneteau and Roger-Vasselin made it a long way into the tournament.

The other big sport event, except Tour de France, which I am not that interested in, is the Euro football tournament. France has made it to the final and I hold my thumbs they will win. I think it was a long time ago.

Back in Brussels on Sunday evening and hoping to finish some of my French novels, have time to listen to some French music and maybe watch a French movie. On Netflix there is a French TV-series that I started to watch, Marseille, with Gerard Depardieu and I will try to look through it.

What are you up to as regards French things for Paris in July?

Comments

  1. So far I have read The Dogs and the Wolves by Iréne Nemirovsky and two short works set in Paris by Mavis Gallant. Christmas in July is one of my top blog events also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to have started off well. I just have to get my time together. I enjoyed your posts on this challenge. I did not know about Christmas in July, I have to check it out.

      Delete
  2. How nice that you can dash into France for tennis. I'm watching the Tour de France so I see lots of French countryside, and I'm on my second French book for this month Finding Fountainebleu.
    On Mondays, I have a meme called Dreaming of France. Come play along if you get a chance. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I see that my text was a little bit confused. Halle is in Germany, but I want to pop over to Paris one year to watch the French open. Must be great.
    I did start Nana a while ago and will finish it this month. Due to a busy schedule I don't know how many French books I will have to time to read, but will try hard!
    I am following and enjoying your 'Dreaming of France meme'. It really makes me want to visit France soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live for Tour de France! Loving it all! I"ll be posting a visit to Montmartre and maybe more -- life this July got out of hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the visit to Montmartre. I love a lot of sports, but I have never really been able to understand the beauty of watching biking in real life. On telly you follow the bikers during the whole race. But when you are standing along the road, the 'swish' by and then they are gone! But a lot of people are watching so I guess there is something to it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster