Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Long time no see!

Hello everyone! It was quite some time since I posted here. A little bit of fatigue entered my life and I have just been letting the days past. I have spent a week in Sweden which was very nice. I managed to get me some energy there, in the fresh winds from the sea. I played tennis and swam, so exercise every day. I also used the opportunity to read two books from my shelves there.

Most of my books are in English, but lately I have bought a few books in Swedish since I have spent some more time there. I do prefer to read English books in the original language, but when there is a language I don't read, like Icelandic and Portuguese in this case, I enjoy reading in Swedish.

One of my favourite authors is Arnaldur Indridason and I found his Oblivion in my book case and I read it in one day. It is difficult to stop reading when you start one of his books. What I especially like with his books is, that apart from the murder mystery, there is a very personal and interesting story of either the victim or someone close. In this case detective Erlendur looks for a cold case of a missing girl that was never found. This story runs parallell with the murder story. Exciting to the very end. Well written and descriptions of the Icelandic nature and society. Especially interesting for me since we are going to visit Iceland this summer. I also discovered that I have another to books by Indridason on my shelves, so there will be something for my next visit.

While in Sweden I was looking for a book for my mother's birthday. The book shop had an offer of 4 for 3, so I found one for her and three for me! They were Paulo Coelho's The Spy, Stefan Zweig's Amok and Karin Bojs' Min europeiska familj (My European Family) about our ancestors from the beginning of time.

I did manage to read The Spy while I was there. It has not got very good reviews from you fellow bloggers, but I must say I am really into Paulo Coelho for the moment. I can't say how much of the story that is true, but it seems he has done a lot of research and, as usual in these cases, it is the dialogue and the thoughts that are made up. I am always overwhelmed by the wisdom of Coelho and I thought there were a lot of thought worthy elements on life, how it is, and how we interpret it. I don't know a lot about Mata Hari, only the outline. However, Coelho's story shows us a woman ahead of her time, who lived the life she wanted and embraced life and its possibilities.

I was quite happy to find Stefan Zweig's Amok. So many of you have recommended him and I really look forward reading the book. He is also Austrian, like my husband, and since I have not read that many authors from there, I always enjoy finding someone good. Like Robert Seethaler's A Whole Life

That was a small catch up from me. I have four reviews that will come within short. The Temporary Gentleman by Sebastian Barry, Buddenbrooks by Thomas Mann, Blood and Guts: A Short History of Medicin by Roy Porter and Self Power by Deepak Chopra. See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster