Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Advent Calendar, box no. 12 - More new purchases

Another day of snowing, but the temperatures are still too warm to keep it. I love snow though and remember my childhood winters. It always seemed to be snow and cold. Just like you want it. That is to enjoy skiing, skating and sledging. Well, the climate has changed and this is no more.


Instead enjoying my new purchases. Apart from the six new books I showed you on December 7, here comes another seven books, of which three are from favourite authors and the other four are new authors to me.

Sebastian Barry, On Canaan's Side - a favourite author of mine and this books sounds as intriguing as his others. "At once epic and intimate, On Canaan's Side is a novel of memory, war, family ties and love."

William Boyd, Restless and Ordinary Thunderstorms - two more book by this new favourite author.




On to the new acquaintances.

Andrea Camilleri, Hunting Season - "Both a delightful murder mystery and a comic novel of huge brio, fired by love and obsession and filled with memorable characters."

Esther Freud, Mr Mac and Me - a story from 1914, where Mac in the title is Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time - another author I have heard good things about but never read.

Val McDermid, Dead Beat - another author that everybody seems to have read, except me. Well, it will change soon.

That is quite a diverse set of books and I am looking forward to read them soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster