Changing blogging domain and site

Image
Dear blogger friends, Lately, I had a few problems with the Blogger web site for my blog The Content Reader . I took this as a sign that I should finally create a web site of my own. I have been checking out other options, but could not get my act together. Finally, I have managed to create a basic web site with Wix, which I hope will be developed over time.  It has not been easy to find my way around. One thing one can say about Blogger is that it is easy to work with.  This site will no longer be updated Follow me to my new domain @  thecontentreader.com Hope to see you there.  Lisbeth @ The Content Reader

Book beginnings on Fridays and The Friday 56


For this Friday's beginning and page 56 and I using The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht, which I am reading now. I have had it for quite a while, and bought it because the blurb sounds intriguing.
"A young doctor, Natalia, struggles to make sense of her grandfather's death in a Balkan country still scarred by war. From fragments of stories her grandfather told her as a child, Natalia realises he may have died searching for 'The deathless man', a vagabond who was said to be immortal.
Struggling to understand why a man of science would undertake such a quest, she stumbles upon a clue that will lead her to a tattered copy of The Jungle Book, and then to the extraordinary story of the tiger's wife." So far so good!


Book beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader
"In my earliest memory, my grandfather is bald as a stone and he takes me to see the tigers."


The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice
"Apparently, this is how it stands: a man has died, and there has been a funeral. At the funeral, the man, who is called Gavo, sits up in his coffin and asks for water. It is an immense surprise."

Well, what do you think? Does it sound like something you would like to read?

Comments

  1. The cover would have caused me to pass it by. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine! https://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviews5418

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is different, and quite a special story. I just don't know yet if I like it or not.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is freaky! Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE BOOK CLUB”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are certain parts of the books which is a little bit out of the extraordinary. I kind of liked it in parts, but not in full.

      Delete
  3. It does sound like an interesting story. I hope you enjoy it. This week I have a cozy mystery - Flowers and Foul Play by Amanda Flower. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe should have gone for a cosy mystery. This was more hard to melt! Hope you enjoyed your book.

      Delete
  4. I think this might be a gem! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both yes and know. I liked part of it, but thought parts of it was not relevant to the story. However, it seems she has tried to show how different people relate to death. Seeing in it that way, it has a lot to discuss.

      Delete
  5. I've heard good things about this, but haven't read it. The quotes do make it sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the quotes just happened to be some of the best. It is a book that you have to melt and it would make a good discussion for a book club.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck by Mark Manson

Searching for Caleb by Anne Tyler

How To Read Novels Like A Professor by Thomas C. Foster